AUGUSTA, Maine — The Maine Republican Party has scheduled nine candidate forums for prospective voters to learn more about the six GOP candidates who are running for U.S. Senate.
Beginning Friday, April 6 and running through Saturday, May 19, the GOPforME Forums will allow audience members to ask candidates questions.
All events will begin at 6 p.m. with the exception of a regional forum in Hancock County on Saturday, May 12, which will begin at 1 p.m.
The actual locations of the nine events are expected to be announced on Wednesday (check back here for the list).
The forums are free and open to anyone, regardless of political party affiliation.
The six GOP candidates who are seeking the nomination are:
- Charlie Summers — current secretary of state and former U.S. House candidate
- William Schneider — current attorney general and former Maine lawmaker
- Bruce Poliquin — current state treasurer and 2010 gubernatorial candidate
- Rick Bennett — former Maine Senate president and 1994 U.S. House candidate
- Debra Plowman — current assistant Senate majority leader
- Scott D’Amboise — small businessman and former U.S. House candidate.